Best Moments of 2017
1. Seeing the baking class I worked on come to life, and watching my son lick the cookie batter off the spoon in front of a live baking demonstration. A moment my coworkers will not let me live down, but damn it, I don't care, because it brings me so much joy. #Spoongate2017
2. Quiet moments before work spent journaling at the Tomato Pie Cafe with a lavender mocha latte.
3. Watching the Memorial Day parade with my sons, and delighting in small-town life.
4. Seeing the snow geese at sunset. A pair of them is still there, in the same spot, with a much larger flock of Canadian geese. It's as though they liked the scenery so much that they decided to stay.
5. Taking the boys to the family festival at the park downtown in the summertime, and watching them play in a big inflatable pool full of water beads. Seeing the baby dancing, a helium balloon tied to his belt loop.
6. Getting cupcakes to celebrate my promotion at work (and the eclipse!)
7. Playing with chalk paint in the driveway.
8. Eating donuts and taking turns drawing with my son.
9. The Haunted Library. Seeing the four-year-old run through the shelves of books dressed as Batman, with his friend dressed as Bat Girl. The baby getting first runner-up in the costume contest.
10. Seeing the Christmas lights at Rocky Ridge from my wheelchair.
362/365. Top photo courtesy of Wayne Shaeffer.